Free Aligni for Open-Source Hardware Projects
Open Aligni is an ad-supported version of Aligni, provided at no charge,
for open-source hardware projects. Until now, there hasn't been a consistent
way to deliver bill of materials, manage parts and components, and share design plans
for open-source hardware projects. We hope Open Aligni will change that.
Open Aligni provides:
- Bill of Materials management for circuit boards, assemblies, etc.
- Part management to show parts, manufacturers, alternates, and pricing.
- List of recommended vendors for each part.
Benefits of Open Aligni:
- Well-maintained open-source hardware projects.
- Consistent presentation of open-source hardware projects.
For a project to be accepted in the Open Aligni community, it must be
approved by Aligni to ensure the project is truly in the spirit of open source.
It is important that the project contribute positively to the community.
To be accepted, the project must:
- Have an accessible website with information about the project, beyond
just a list of parts. For example, a discussion of the motivation, the
implementation, design decisions should be included.
- Provide a clearly-visible link to your Aligni home page on
your project web page.
- Provide enough information to fully build the project.
- Be in the spirit of open-source projects. (i.e., it cannot be
simply an evaluation board for other products that your company sells.)
Projects that will not be accepted for Open Aligni
- Projects that are really an advertising conduit for your parts
that fit the project. For example, you can't use Open Aligni to host
a BOM, but then charge people for firmware that is required for the
project. (Note: Selling fully-assembled kits for profit is perfectly
- Projects that violate, or encourage others to violate, copyrights or
good trade practices.
Sign up for an Open Aligni Account
If your project meets the requirements and you'd like to host it on Open Aligni,
we'd love to hear from you!
Please submit an application now!.