To enable backups, you will first need to configure your site to work with Amazon S3 asset storage. Site backups are stored in your Amazon S3 bucket and not referenced in any way in Aligni, so you may want to manually manage those backups or index them.
Your site administrator must configure backups from the Site Settings pages.
Configuration is simple — select a day and time for your weekly backup process, check enable backup, then save changes.
Once enabled, we’ll automatically create a backup of your site, copy it to your Amazon S3 storage bucket, and email you confirmation.
What Is Stored in a Backup?
The backup file pushed to Amazon S3 is a single compressed (ZIP) XML file containing your site database information. The following information is included in the backup:
- Site settings such as part numbering
- Parts (including revisions, subparts, quotes, notes, vendor part numbers, alternates, and inventory units)
- Part Types
- Part Collections
- Custom Parameters
- Manufacturers, Vendors, Contacts, and Customers
- Units and Unit Conversions
- Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Orders
- Equipment and Equipment Logbook Entries
- Quote Requests and Quote Responses (ActiveQuote)
What Is Not Stored in a Backup?
The following information is not presently stored in backups.
- Billing Invoices, Accounts, Site Settings, and Permission Sets
- Inventory History (adjustments, transfers, etc.)
- Change History