To enable backups, visit your organization settings and the Organization Backups tab. Site backups are created once per month. After the backup is generated, you will be sent a download link via email. The backup will be available to download for seven (7) days.
What Is Stored in a Backup?
The backup file pushed to Amazon S3 is a single compressed (ZIP) XML file containing your site database information. The following information is included in the backup:
- Site settings such as part numbering
- Parts (including revisions, subparts, quotes, notes, vendor part numbers, alternates, and inventory units)
- Part Types
- Part Collections
- Custom Parameters
- Manufacturers, Vendors, Contacts, and Customers
- Units and Unit Conversions
- Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Orders
- Equipment and Equipment Logbook Entries
- Quote Requests and Quote Responses (ActiveQuote)
What Is Not Stored in a Backup?
The following information is not presently stored in backups.
- Billing Invoices, Accounts, Site Settings, and Permission Sets
- Inventory History (adjustments, transfers, etc.)
- Change History