Engineering.com put together a great article about the issues that arise when PLM systems are not integrated with a company’s quality management processes. The article goes into detail on where this disconnection can start costing a manufacturer. It also provides an example of what happens when a company integrates the two processes more closely.
We certainly suggest giving the article an in depth read, as it certainly sheds light on what a number of manufacturers are suffering with. Once the shortfalls are identified and a company can tabulate the costs associated with the bottleneck, it’s best to seek out a combined system, like Aligni’s PLM. It provides a highly integrated Engineering Change Management (ECM) system where changes are easily reflected into other aspects like Bills of Materials (BOM) management.
- Aligni Recommends: Walking Through a Big PCB Factory in China | JLCPCB
- Quality, Capacity, and Capability: finding the best EMS provider for your organization
- A gentle introduction to electronics contract manufacturing
- Why saving your purchasing data can make you a better buyer
- Aligni recommends: Benefits of using product lifecycle to manage BOMs